Starting a Personal Blog
Why Start a personal blog?
Starting a personal blog is a great way to share with others your passion about a topic or cause, or establish yourself as an expert in your particular field of practice or share with others inspiring stories. It can be very effective in building a personal brand, and even turning a blog into a successful online store. For example if you are blogging about technology gadgets that you review you can down the line incorporate a online store to sell used items like the one that you are reviewing. Always think strategy.
What goes into a personal blog?
A successful blog is a resource that others will find useful and follow. If you are starting a blog it is important to keep your blog up to date with regular posts and quality content. Google and other search engines continuously optimize their search algorithms to rank pages with useful content higher. The higher your rank, the more traffic you will drive to your website. To attract more users, use a lot of multimedia such as high quality (but small sized) images and videos. The longer people stay on your website, the better you will rank.
How to start a Personal Blog?
Are you ready to start your personal blog? The following things are important high-lights that you need to make sure:
1. Get a good domain name, but don’t pay any premium prices. Some of the most memorable names are actually misspelled common words such as Tinder instead of Tender.
2. Make sure you use a mobile friendly theme and regularly check your website on several mobile devices to makes sure it looks good on a variety of screen sizes (another driver of rank in 2015 and beyond).
3. Make sure you use a good Content Delivery Network such as CloudFlare. Content Delivery Networks cache your content in servers around the world to reduce latency in delivering your content around the world.
4. Use a great content management system such as WordPress which is very stable and easy to use.
5. Ensure you create and submit your site maps to popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and others. This will help these search engines understand your site structure, and it will make it easier for their users to find content on your website. This needs to be done regularly (once a month).
6. Don’t pay for premium themes without consulting a professional as not all premium themes are well designed.
7. Don’t forget about site security. Most content management systems have great security plugins & modules.
Rent a Website with PalGeek. PalGeek is a website design and hosting company and we also offer fully managed websites under our rent a website design and hosting model. We also specialize in Arabic Website Design and Hosting.